Shangri La Botanical Gardens and Nature Center is a serene oasis for people and wildlife in the heart of Orange, Texas. To ensure the safety of our guests, enhance your visitor experience, and protect and preserve the natural habitat and beauty of the Gardens, please observe the following rules and regulations:
- No smoking or tobacco products.
- The entire area of Shangri La Botanical Gardens and Nature Center is a smoke-free, tobacco-free environment, indoors and outdoors.
- There are NO designated smoking and/or tobacco-use areas within the boundaries of Shangri La Gardens, including outdoor areas.
- Visitors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult, and children must be supervised at all times.
- No climbing, running, jumping, sports, or games. Athletic and recreational equipment is not allowed.
- Stay on pathways or lawn areas and use only designated paths. Do not walk in garden beds.
- Leave flowers and plants for everyone to enjoy. Do not pick, collect or remove seeds, flowers, fruits, vegetables, plant labels, feathers, etc.
- Do not wade or swim in ponds, streams, lakes, fountains, or other water sources.
- Under no circumstances should anyone climb trees, walls, fences, fountains, rock formations, or artwork.
- No alcohol, except as may be permitted in connection with a Stark Foundation approved event.
- No pets, service animals may accompany visitors with disabilities.
- Shirt and shoes are required at all times.
- Dispose of trash in designated recycle bins and trashcans.
- Do not feed or handle wildlife. It can be harmful to them and to you.
- No unauthorized fishing is allowed from the edges of the Bayou or at any point inside Shangri La Gardens.
- Use Garden benches for resting. Folding chairs are not permitted unless for an authorized Stark Foundation event.
- Last entry into the Gardens is at 4:30 p.m. The Gardens close at 5:00 p.m.
- Visitors will be held liable for any damage caused or contributed by them to Garden property.
Outside Food and Drink at Shangri La Gardens
To ensure that the Garden is a serene, welcoming environment for ALL our guests, we respectfully ask that guests wishing to enjoy a picnic style lunch follow the guidelines below during their visit:
We ask that you please…
- Picnic only in the courtyard area. There are tables and chairs available for use on a first come, first served basis. No food is permitted outside of this area.
- Dispose of all trash in designated recycle bins and trashcans.
- Be mindful of other guests and help keep the Gardens relaxing and peaceful for all.
- Do not step into the cultivated garden beds. Our garden beds are for plants, not feet.
- Leave tables, large coolers, and folding chairs at home, please. These items damage garden spaces.
- No party supplies of any type are permitted without prior written authorization.
BE KIND TO YOUR WORLD.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
IN CONSIDERATION OF PERMISSION TO ENTER, YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS INCIDENT TO YOUR VISIT, INCLUDING LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS, PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND PERSONAL INJURY, AND BY ENTERING YOU NOW AGREE TO RELEASE US, OUR AGENTS, AND RELATED ENTITIES FROM ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, OR DAMAGE THAT YOU MAY SUSTAIN, EVEN IF THE LOSS, INJURY, OR DAMAGE IS CAUSED BY OUR SOLE NEGLIGENCE OR FAULT.