We are open!
We are excited to welcome the public back into the gardens! We have implemented a range of practices to ensure the safety and well-being of our visitors and staff during the COVID-19 outbreak including optional timed ticketing to maintain adequate social distancing.
Timed tickets for admission are free of charge!
Due to COVID-19, we have reduced our garden capacity. For your safety and enjoyment, we recommend that you reserve a free timed ticket for the specific day and time you plan to visit. Limited walk-up entry is contingent upon availability.
To make a donation in support of our Environmental Education programs, click Donate Now below. Thank you for your continued support!
Gardens – Free Admission | Wednesday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Upon entering, please check-in with our wonderful Visitor Service team stationed at our visitor’s table.
Outpost Tours – Free Admission (Temporarily Closed)
Star and Crescent Moon Café (Temporarily Closed)
Holidays | Closed all major holidays and the last week of December.
We ask that you observe our new temporary guidelines:
- Timed tickets are recommended in advance for all visitors. Limited walk-up entry is contingent upon availability.
- We request that you wear a mask or facial covering when entering Shangri La Gardens as a courtesy to others.
- Please follow the arrows along the one-way route.
- Always maintain six feet of distance from other visitors outside of your household. Avoid congestion in small areas, such as bathrooms.
- Wash your hands frequently and utilize hand-sanitizer.
- Maps will be available with limited contact. For a reduced-touch experience, print at home or open on your phone.
What is a timed ticket?
A timed ticket is an admission ticket to Shangri La Gardens with a specific date and time of arrival. By ordering timed tickets, you are letting us know the date and time that you and your family will be visiting, which helps us to ensure the best experience for every guest. All tickets to Shangri La Gardens must be reserved in advance in order to prevent crowding. You will be able to enter by showing an electronic or printed copy of your receipt to our Visitor Services team.
How do I order my timed ticket?
- Select any available date and entry time for your visit and place your order.
- Look for an e-mail or text confirmation with your tickets.
- Show your electronic or printed copy to our staff at check-in.
What can I expect to experience on my visit?
Some areas are temporarily closed for your safety. These include our Exhibit Hall/ Discovery Theater, Nature Discovery Center, Outpost Tours, Heronry Blind, Greenhouses, Children’s Garden and Café.
On your visit, directional signs will take you on a one-way route through the garden. Because water fountains are unavailable at this time, we also recommend you bring a water bottle for personal hydration. In addition, you should not attend if you are feeling sick or have a fever.
The Stark Cultural Venues honors active duty military and their families by welcoming them at Shangri La Botanical Gardens and Nature Center and its partners, The W.H. Stark House and the Stark Museum of Art, throughout the year. Between Memorial Day and Labor Day, Shangri La and its partners participate in the Blue Star Program, a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense, and more than 2,000 museums across America to offer free admission to all active duty military personnel and their families. Though admission is now free to the Gardens, participation in this program is still near and dear to our staff. Go to arts.gov/bluestarmuseums for more information.
Shangri La Botanical Gardens and Nature Center is a program of the Nelda C. and H.J. Lutcher Stark Foundation, a non-profit organization.
Find and compare accommodation deals nearby via HotelsCombined.