What are Shangri La Gardens Virtual Adventures?
Shangri La Gardens Virtual Adventures are unique environmental education-based lessons, delivered virtually. Virtual Adventures are curriculum-based programs designed to be a tool for the classroom teacher and one that will suit both the traditional and virtual classroom.
Shangri La Educators will provide virtual guidance and explanation of a science-based topic in a 10-12 minute video; post video, each classroom teacher will have the opportunity to facilitate a grade-level appropriate hands-on science-based activity. Each teacher who is registered will receive a classroom kit containing all materials necessary to complete the post-video hands-on activity in their classroom and instructions on how to facilitate the activity.
Virtual Adventures consist of two parts:
Part 1: Online video component
Part 2: Classroom kit containing the supplies for a hands-on activity
Please Note: Registration is required to receive classroom kit, however teachers do not need to register in order to watch the Virtual Adventures videos online.
Click here to check out the videos!
Thanks to the support of the Stark Foundation, all classroom kits are FREE for you and your students.
Before you register for Shangri La Gardens Virtual Adventures…
• Schools in Orange County are given preference for classroom kits
• Schools outside of Orange County may utilize any Virtual Adventures video, but we cannot guarantee a classroom kit of materials or the delivery of a classroom kit of materials
• Each classroom may register for any/all grade level specific classroom kits
• Classroom kit quantities are limited and cannot be guaranteed. Teachers will receive kits on a first come, first served basis.
Guidelines for Virtual Adventures Registration
• Orange County teachers may register starting at 8:00 a.m., September 28, 2020.
• Please phone or email Jamie Massa at 409-670-0803 or email@example.com to register. Registrations for classroom kits will be on a first come, first served basis.
• To confirm your registration was submitted or if you have questions regarding your submission, please email Jamie Massa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• After receiving your request, Shangri La Gardens will send a confirmation email with the date and time of your scheduled classroom kit drop off.
• If you do not receive a confirmation email within 2 weeks, please check back with us to ensure we received your request.
If you do not receive a confirmation from Shangri La Gardens, please do not plan on receiving a classroom kit.
We understand that unexpected situations arise. If you need to cancel, please let us know as soon as possible. We will do our best to accommodate your class schedule and the delivery of your classroom kits.
Registering for Shangri La Gardens Virtual Adventures…
Teachers can RSVP for a classroom kit with Jamie Massa via phone or email at 409-670-0803 or email@example.com.
In order to quickly get you signed up to receive classroom materials, please have the answers to the following questions when phoning or emailing:
- Teacher name
- Grade Level
- Name of desired program(s)
- Number of students
- Date requested for kit delivery
- Special delivery instructions
- Anything else we need to know?
Kits will be delivered to your school office on Mondays between 10am and 2pm. If this does not work for you, please let us know and we will do our best to make accommodations.
Listed below are the available Monday dates for kit delivery:
Fall / Winter Dates
- Monday, October 19, 2020
- Monday, October 26, 2002
- Monday, November 2, 2020
- Monday, November 9, 2020
- Monday, November 16, 2020
- Monday, November 30, 2020
- Monday, December 7, 2020
- Monday, December 14, 2020
- Monday, January 4, 2021
- Monday, January 11, 2021
- Monday, January 25, 2021
- Monday, February 1, 2021
- Monday, February 8, 2021*
*Spring Break for some districts
- Monday, February 15, 2021
- Monday, February 22, 2021
- Monday, March 1, 2021
- Monday, March 8, 2021
- Monday, March 15, 2021*
- Monday, March 22, 2021
- Monday, March 29, 2021
- Monday, April 12, 2021
- Monday, April 19, 2021
- Monday, April 26, 2021
- Monday, May 3, 2021
- Monday, May 10, 2021
- Monday, May 17, 2021
- Monday, May 24, 2021
Click the button below for Virtual Adventure descriptions & more information!