What are Shangri La Gardens Virtual Adventures?
Shangri La Gardens Virtual Adventures are unique environmental education-based lessons, delivered virtually. Virtual Adventures are curriculum-based programs designed to be a tool for the classroom teacher and one that will suit both the traditional and virtual classroom.
Shangri La Educators will provide virtual guidance and explanation of a science-based topic in a 10-12 minute video; post video, each classroom teacher will have the opportunity to facilitate a grade-level appropriate hands-on science-based activity. Each teacher who is registered will receive a classroom kit containing all materials necessary to complete the post-video hands-on activity in their classroom and instructions on how to facilitate the activity.
Virtual Adventures consist of two parts:
Part 1: Online video component
Part 2: Classroom kit containing the supplies for a hands-on activity
Please Note: Registration is required to receive classroom kit, however teachers do not need to register in order to watch the Virtual Adventures videos online.
• Schools in Orange County are given preference for classroom kits.
• Orange County teachers may register starting at 9:00 a.m., September 7, 2021.
• Schools outside of Orange County may utilize any Virtual Adventures video, but we cannot guarantee a classroom kit of materials.
• Classroom kit quantities are limited and cannot be guaranteed. Teachers will receive kits on a first come, first served basis.
• To confirm your registration was submitted or if you have questions regarding your submission, please email Jamie Massa at email@example.com.
• If you do not receive a confirmation email within 2 weeks, please check back with us to ensure we received your request. If you do not receive a confirmation from Shangri La Gardens, please do not plan on receiving a classroom kit.