Explorer Tours offer flexibility for local teachers. You, the classroom teacher, will lead your students on an educational excursion through our gardens and Nature Discovery Center. You can teach your students about science, art, history, and more! A garden guidebook is available for use.
Please contact Wendy Elliott at (409) 670-9113 or email@example.com to schedule your classes.
- To ensure there is ample space for your school tour, please register with the Shangri La Education Department prior to facilitating a self-guided tour. This helps us to provide sufficient bus parking and restroom facilities for your group.
- Prior to the scheduled program date, the teacher(s) is encouraged to come out to Shangri La Gardens and plan your Self-guided Tour.
- Self-guided Tours are for garden experiences only. Outpost Tours (via boat) are NOT available.
- The maximum time for your Self-guided School Tour is 3 hours. We recommend a minimum 1 ½ hours. We can schedule two time slots per day (morning and afternoon).
- Shangri La Gardens does not offer lunch accommodations for Self-guided School Tour groups. The City of Orange Lions Park (about 5 minutes away) is an excellent location for a picnic lunch.
Thank you for sharing Shangri La Gardens with your students today. As we are learning to be kind to our earth, let’s also remember to be kind to each other. Please be mindful of other student groups and families touring the gardens, as well as other groups loading or unloading in the bus drop-off area.